About ABNN - Alberta Nonprofit Network
Our province has over 25,000 nonprofit organizations contributing to the quality of life of Albertans. The sector is a crucial part of Alberta’s community fabric.
ABNN includes organizations from every corner of the province, urban and rural. The ABNN Exploration Committee helps guide the work of ABNN, always driven by the priorities and voices of those in the sector.
The current ABNN Exploration Committee includes:
ABNN also has issue-focused Steering Committees which drive engagement and action on the priority issues defined by participants and stakeholders.
Moving the Sector Forward – What We're Working On Today
ABNN creates the space for big ideas and innovative solutions. Through engagement and collaboration, ABNN catalyzes a provincial network to address strategic issues and challenges.
The Network currently has initiatives to:
* Strengthen Sector Identity and Value by creating a common vision for the sector and articulating the sector’s value to government, funders and stakeholders.
* Create a sector-level Data strategy that examines how the sector measures, uses and analyzes data, and explores ways of sharing data in meaningful ways.
* Enhance Workforce Development in the nonprofit sector by conducting research and informing strategies for managing recruitment, retention, compensation, and the changing face of volunteerism.
* Support Government Relations by fostering strong relationships with our municipal, provincial and federal government partners.
* Promotes Regional Representation and engagement from nonprofits from across Alberta.
As ABNN evolves, we will proactively address other strategic issues, always driven by the needs of the sector. Issues could range from funding challenges, governance best practice, leadership capacity, and sector collaboration.
ABNN aspires to enhance the vibrancy and resiliency of our society, contributing to the quality of life and well-being of all Albertans.
Our Guiding Principles
Additional ABNN Information and Resources
A summary of ABNN Draft Purpose Statement Version 7.
Describes the collaborative process that supports decision making around opportunities to address strategic issues.